Today is the day! Finally, the General Grounds Improvements have come to the end of their long trip through all the public process of the boards and commissions system, and will go before the City Council for a public hearing today.
Please email the Council in support (emails below), if you support projects such as:
- installing irrigation for the trees and lawn
- burying the unsightly and dangerous overhead power lines
- upgrading the electrics to provide for more efficient pool cleaning (and removing the need for using gas-powered equipment next to the pool)
- renovating the tree court to beautify it and protect the root zones of the heritage trees
- provide an ADA access path to the pool through the South woods
We hope to see you at the Council Chambers this evening – we need to show support for these needed improvements!
The Council meeting will take place today, April 11 at City Council Chambers at 201 W. 2nd Street. Parking in the City garage off of Lavaca Street will be validated. The amendments to allow the Grounds Improvements to go forward will be Item #82 on the agenda.
We hope to see you there!
Click here to email all Council members.
Lee Leffingwell (Mayor): firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheryl Cole (Mayor Pro Tem): email@example.com
CM Mike Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org
CM Chris Riley: email@example.com
CM Bill Spelman: firstname.lastname@example.org
CM Laura Morrison: email@example.com
CM Kathie Tovo: firstname.lastname@example.org