Please join us on November 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM at McBeth Recreation Center for the second Focus Group Meeting to discuss the Children’s Facilities goals, priorities, and solutions in connection with potential Zilker Park Improvements within the Barton Springs Bathhouse Zone. This will be the third meeting from the City of Austin’s scheduled public engagement topic meetings which include:
- October 27th, 2015 — Open House from 6:00-8:00 PM at Zilker Botanical Gardens
- November 3rd — Environmental/Infrastructure Focus Group, 6:00-9:00 PM McBeth Recreation Center
- November 5th — Children’s Facilities Focus Group, 6:00-9:00 PM McBeth Recreation Center
- November 12th — Bathhouse Focus Group, 6:00-9:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- November 18th — Review and Alternatives, 6:00-9:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- December 9th Draft Recommendations, 6:00-9:00 PM location TBD
The agenda for the November 5, 2015 Children’s Facilities Focus Group Meeting is set forth below:
- Introductions and Structure of the Meeting (5 min)
- Project Summary (5 min)
- Presentation- Bathhouse Zone Plan and Overview of Constraints (10 min)
- Small Group Discussions (20 min each)
- Playscape issues, such as replacing or expanding playscape equipment with safe, modern, natural, age appropriate structures (e.g., natural, faux, or manmade structures).
- Children’s Amenities & Other Facilities issues, such as children’s restroom facilities at different locations in the park,
- Environmental Education issues, such as the adequacy and improvement of the environmental and water quality education provided at the Sheffield Center and Splash! Exhibit, safe bus loading, and the interaction between Splash! and education classrooms and other sites in the area.
- Share Responses (10 minutes)