Please join us on November 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM at McBeth Recreation Center for the first Focus Group Meeting to discuss the Environmental and Infrastructure goals, priorities, and solutions in connection with potential Zilker Park Improvements within the Barton Springs Bathhouse Zone. This will be the first focus group meeting from the City of Austin’s scheduled public engagement topic meetings which include:
- October 27th, 2015 — Open House from 6:00-8:00 PM at Zilker Botanical Gardens
- November 3rd — Environmental/Infrastructure Focus Group, 6:00-9:00 PM McBeth Recreation Center
- November 5th — Children’s Facilities Focus Group, 6:00-9:00 PM McBeth Recreation Center
- November 12th — Bathhouse Focus Group, 6:00-9:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- November 18th — Review and Alternatives, 6:00-9:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- December 9th Draft Recommendations, 6:00-9:00 PM location TBD
Following up to the October 27 Open House meeting, each topic meeting will provide an introduction, project summary, and a presentation overview of the Bathhouse Zone Plan and applicable constraints in the area. The agenda for the November 3, 2015 Environmental/Infrastructure Focus Group Meeting is set forth below:
- Introductions and Structure of the Meeting (5 min)
- Project Summary (5 min)
- Presentation- Bathhouse Zone Plan and Overview of Constraints (10 min)
- Small Group Discussions (15 min each)
- Parking issues, such as traffic flow and parking improvements, including the idea of improving drainage and reducing impervious cover from the north side driveway and parking lot area by converting the turnaround area in front of the bathhouse into a greenfield-type drainage area.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Circulation issues, such as trail connections and conflicts,
- Amenities and Concessions, such as how/whether the Café, Zilker Zephyr, and Boat Rental concessions fit/work in the area.
- Environment issues, such as federal permit requirements for maintaining endangered species habitat (salamander), education and Splash! requirements, trees, water quality zone and drainage requirements, and floodplain requirements.
- Share Responses (10 minutes)